IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR WINDOW TINT CUSTOMERS
• Do not roll windows down for 5 days or lock vent windows for 3 to 4 hours after installation. Sliding windows maybe opened right away, but please use the handle.
• You may be asked to return in 3-5 days to push out “fingers”. This is a normal process especially on curved windows or during rainy or cold days. This process will take about 10 min. It is very important to return in no more than 7 days. If you can not make it back, do not roll down windows until you have the fingers pushed out.
• After installation, you will notice cloudy spots and/or wavy rippled appearance. This is normal during the curing process. This will dry out in approximately 4 weeks. It will dry out faster in hot weather & more slowly in cold or damp weather. When temperature is below freezing, the appearance will be temporarily worse. This will resolve itself when the curing process is complete.
• Do not wash inside of windows for 30 days, or until dry. This will allow proper curing of the adhesive and edge sealing. Do not use Windex or other ammonia or vinegar based products on film at any time. A good cleaning solution to use would be an oz. of alcohol to a quart of water with a couple of drops of mild dishwashing liquid such as Dawn or Ivory.
• On occasion there will be grains of dust or lint that cannot be eliminated from the film and this too may be normal. The film may also highlight some small imperfections in the glass that were not noticed before. Observe the installation from four to six feet away. This is the way we normally look through a window and this is the way you should observe your window film - looking through it, not at it. If for any reason you are unhappy with installation, please let us know so that we can offer a solution. We may ask you to wait for up to 30 days to ensure that the film has had a chance to cure; if that is the case we will extend the initial 30 day deposit-free guarantee.
• Window tint can be safely installed on windows with the radio antenna or defrost lines built-in. Removing window tint from these windows, however, CAN damage the integrity of these lines which can result in radio or defrost line failure. We will strip window tint from these windows at your request, but please understand that we in no way assume responsibility for any damage that may be incurred by stripping window tint off of these windows. Damage is not common, but it cannot be predicted so we always warn our customers that there may be damage after the tint is removed.
• If you notice any installation-related problems from your tint, it is very important that you contact us within the first 30 days after installation. If you cannot make it back by then, text or email us about the problem so that we have a time-stamped copy of your complaint. We can then work to resolve the issue at your convenience at no cost to you.
• All automotive window tint purchased from Mountain Valley and installed by one of our technicians carries a lifetime warranty backed by both Mountain Valley and the window tint manufacturer. After the inital 30 days, any cracking, peeling, fading, bubbling or other failure of the window tint is covered by this warranty. The deductible is only $25 and covers as many windows as needed per visit. Please retain your receipt as this is your proof of purchase. The lifetime warranty is valid for as long as you own the car.